Winter weather has arrived! This week in Minnesota is Winter Hazard Awareness Week, which focuses on winter safety.
Snow has fallen on all of our campuses, and it’s important to get back into the habit of being prepared for snow, ice, and below-freezing temps.
- Pay attention to winter warnings and alerts by checking local news or weather.gov. Sign up for Star Alert to be emailed or texted campus closings and alerts.
- Check road conditions at 511mn.org or by dialing 511.
- Stay safe outside and take precautions to avoid hypothermia and frostbite. When shoveling snow, take frequent breaks.
- At home, test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Buy or make a winter survival kit for your car.
Be prepared and careful, and stay safe this season!